The Live Better With Community is governed by these guidelines and our Terms and Conditions and the violation of either, may result in you being temporarily or permanently banned from the Community and/or LiveBetterWith.com services.
- If you see any posts that violate these guidelines, please report it using the report button found on every discussion and post and we will aim to deal with it in a timely manner. We are not under any obligation to monitor the community, but we may do so at any time. The community will, in such cases, be moderated by a group of appointed individuals.
- Live Better With is not responsible for any harm suffered by any member or non-member of the community or any associates, friends, relatives or anyone else, as a result of following any advice given or shared on this community. Any advice in this community is not a replacement for professional medical advice from a doctor or healthcare practitioner. Please seek professional medical advice when considering any changes as a result of any advice or anything you’ve seen from this community.
- Do not provide advice or guidance that could potentially harm users, including but not limited to alternative therapies as a replacement for clinical treatments advised by licensed medical practitioners. Whilst there may be some benefits to alternative remedies, this should never be as a substitute to recognised clinical therapies and/or treatments.
- Be nice. Our Community users are here to learn from and help each other and are often going through something very difficult. It doesn’t cost anything to be nice to each other, but it may cost you your Community membership if you violate any of these guidelines or Terms and Conditions.
- Admins and moderators reserve the right to monitor any conversations and take action where they feel necessary to preserve the nature of the supportive environment. Threatening, abusive, obscene or disrespectful behaviour towards members will not be tolerated and may result in your being temporarily or permanently removed from the community.
- Any use of discriminatory language or behaviour, whether based on gender, race, disability, religion or anything else deemed to be inflammatory will not be tolerated and may result in you being temporarily or permanently removed from the community.
- Refrain from sharing any personal information, including but not limited to e-mail address, phone number and address. Any personally identifiable information shared is at your own risk, we really don’t recommend it and if we see it, we will remove it.
- Any trolling, as determined by the moderators, is strictly prohibited and will result in the removal of your access to the community, either temporarily or permanently. Where necessary and/or appropriate, we reserve the right to work with law enforcement in order to share any information we have that may assist them.
- No discussion of any illegal activities, as determined by the country or state in which you live.
- No posting or sharing of information/websites/videos/streams to fortune tellers, soothsayers, psychics, mediums, prophets, witches, wizards or practitioners of hocus pocus. The community is for practical advice and emotional support, not divinations which could potentially harm users, either physically, emotionally or financially. Violation of this guideline will result in you being either temporarily or permanently removed from the community.
- No buying and/or selling activity of any kind, including but not limited to medical equipment, legal and/or illegal medication, herbal medication, advice, services or any other exchange.
- Do not spam the Community or Community Members, whether this is with content, links, requests for votes on third-party sites.
- Do not use the Community to distribute viruses or links to malicious or harmful websites.
- It is strictly against the community guidelines to impersonate or attempt to impersonate someone in a leading or deceptive manner, including but not limited to professional medical experts, celebrities (no matter how well-known), charities, businesses, professional organisations or any other body or individual.
- We know that complicated medical issues can often lead to feelings of stress, anxiety, or depression and occasionally the desire to inflict self-injury or even suicidal thoughts or tendencies. Whilst we actively encourage talking and discussing these issues, we do remove any content that either identifies and negatively targets victims or survivors of self-injury or suicide. We take this matter very seriously, whether humorous or rhetorical. People can share information about self-injury and suicide to draw attention to the issue and allow for discussion, so long as it does not promote or encourage self-injury or suicide. It is against community guidelines to share any images including or promoting self-harm or suicide. If you are having such thoughts and/or acting on them, please do seek medical advice from a registered professional and do not rely on the community as your only form of support.